Mrcook's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 9th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Moving Cable Modem

When I got x1 installed 6 years ago, they setup my cable modem on the far end of the house.  Needless to say tonight I tried to move it to the middle of my home, near the main TV (With the larger x1 dvr box).  That box is connected to a Commscope AC adapter, and it appears without it the TV box will not function.  when I just connect my cable modem to that outlet without the adapter,  I cannot get a internet connection on the modem.  Seems like when they setup the connections outside the house they put the cable modem on 1 line, and the tv on another?  I know it shouldn't work like that but it appears thats what it's doing.  Can anyone offer a suggestion???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If I’m understanding you right:
The cable coming to the dvr, add an appropriate two way splitter to feed both modem and dvr. There should be a small splitter there, that feeds the adapter and the dvr, the 2 way would be after that. The adapter powers the commscope

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Correct

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

So yeah, Cable comes up from basement, goes into an adapter, 1 goes to AC power plug, the next to the DVR.  So just add the splitter before the DVR but after the Commscope?  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much! will try this evening!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here