Community Forum

Modem/WiFi router combo- Is yours working for you??? Recommendations needed!

Chattykat34
Frequent Visitor

Modem/WiFi router combo- Is yours working for you??? Recommendations needed!

I want to purchase a modem/WiFi/router all in one device that is compatible with xfinity x1 rather than having to rent from Comcast. After looking at reviews online, all I saw were complaints about how everything had slow speeds and constant loss of service. If you own your combo modem/WiFi router and it IS working successfully for you with X1, I would love your recommendations. TIA😀

RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Modem/WiFi router combo- Is yours working for you??? Recommendations needed!

Approved modems have to match your speed tier.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#auth

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/list-of-approved-cable-modems

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Chattykat34
Frequent Visitor

Re: Modem/WiFi router combo- Is yours working for you??? Recommendations needed!

Thank you, yes, I looked and my list had 3 models on it. The Netgear CAX80(whisch has not been released yet), the NetgearC7800, and the Arris SBG8300.

I looked up each of them and the reviews were all about the same. Half of the reviewers loved their model and the others said that their model was terrible and warned consumers to “never buy” it. 

I was was hoping to get better info from Xfinity users who have these models, or others that may also work with my service.  I probably should have put this model #’s in my original post.

EG
Expert

@Chattykat34 wrote:

Thank you, yes, I looked and my list had 3 models on it. The Netgear CAX80(whisch has not been released yet), the NetgearC7800, and the Arris SBG8300.

I looked up each of them and the reviews were all about the same. Half of the reviewers loved their model and the others said that their model was terrible and warned consumers to “never buy” it. 

I was was hoping to get better info from Xfinity users who have these models, or others that may also work with my service.  I probably should have put this model #’s in my original post.

All combo modem / router gateway devices BITE (IMNSHO) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Chattykat34
Frequent Visitor

So what’s my best bet to go with? I’m on the 600 download speed plan and I have X1 service.

Slartibartfast1
New Poster