Community Forum

MoCA Setup

Highlighted
New Poster

MoCA Setup

I'm an Xfinity customer with the supplied Netgear router.  I am not using the MoCA functionality internally as I could not get it to work.  Please help me with this setup.

Outside cable goes to POE filter to splitter (MoCA compatible).

From the splitter I have a Motorolla MoCA adaptor setup as prescribed to a POE and into my router.
On the other branch, I have a Motorolla MoCA adaptor connected to my PC.

Cable --> POE --> Splitter --> A: MoCA adaptor --> POE filter --> Router
                                                       B: MoCA adaptor --> PC

I've followed the diagrams precisely.  Neither MoCA adaptor will "link."  My Wi-FI remains on.  My MoCA setting in the router is set to "on."  They do not see each other.  For a "hands off" technology, this is INCREDIBLY frustrating.  Please help.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: MoCA Setup

@Medic956 wrote:

I'm an Xfinity customer with the supplied Netgear router.  I am not using the MoCA functionality internally as I could not get it to work.  Please help me with this setup.

Outside cable goes to POE filter to splitter (MoCA compatible).

From the splitter I have a Motorolla MoCA adaptor setup as prescribed to a POE and into my router.
On the other branch, I have a Motorolla MoCA adaptor connected to my PC.

Cable --> POE --> Splitter --> A: MoCA adaptor --> POE filter --> Router
                                                       B: MoCA adaptor --> PC

I've followed the diagrams precisely.  Neither MoCA adaptor will "link."  My Wi-FI remains on.  My MoCA setting in the router is set to "on."  They do not see each other.  For a "hands off" technology, this is INCREDIBLY frustrating.  Please help.

Don't the MoCA adapters have to connect to each other, extending the signal over coax, and not have the router in between?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

The diagram has the cable entering the MoCA adaptor and then continuing to the router, not the other way around.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@Medic956 wrote:

The diagram has the cable entering the MoCA adaptor and then continuing to the router, not the other way around.

Can you post a .jpg or .gif or link to a document with that diagram?   What model modem/router do you have which you imply is MoCA capable?  If the modem/router is MoCA compatible and active, do you even need the initial MoCA adapter?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)