Community Forum

Log entries

Highlighted
Contributor

Log entries

Can someone from Comcast tell me what’s causing the issue rng-rsp command power in excess of 6db or dynamic range violation and in the log I get SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync aswell but what I’m thinking it’s the start channel 453 impairment of that downstream channel ?
5361891B-4230-41C9-B7DB-272C1B252ABF.png
839A0DA6-A8CC-4B0A-A517-F2BE30A222BF.jpeg
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Log entries

The stats were all good at that snapshot in time. Are you actually experiencing any connectivity problems, or are you just focusing on the log entries ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

It’s not locking on ofdm fec lock some channels are impaired
6344D5C6-8C70-469A-AC01-A2C7B2CA092C.png
Highlighted
Expert

The signal stats were all good in your first screensot. No channels were "impaired".

And the DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM channel was indeed locked on to. It is labled as "Other" / channel 48;

Screenshot.png

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

The 453 downstream is impaired I think because it connects to that and it has sync timing issue if it connects to a different channel like 651 it won’t appear like sync issues or the cmts message sent
Highlighted
Expert

Why do you say that ? The signal stats for that channel are fine. It doesn't even show any uncorrectable errors present. Are you actually experiencing any connectivity problems, or are you just focusing on the error log entries ?? The error log entries (many times are just  hypochondriac) are for the overall RF connection and are not specific to any single channel..