Community Forum

Laptop Cannot Find WiFi Network

Highlighted
New Poster

Laptop Cannot Find WiFi Network

Hi, I am having trouble finding my wifi network on my Acer Aspire A315-51. I am able to find the WiFi networks of my neighbors, but cannot find my own. All other devices in my house are able to connect as well. The router is the XB7-T. Any insight would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Laptop Cannot Find WiFi Network

@Jabcharrison wrote:

Hi, I am having trouble finding my wifi network on my Acer Aspire A315-51. I am able to find the WiFi networks of my neighbors, but cannot find my own. All other devices in my house are able to connect as well. The router is the XB7-T. Any insight would be appreciated.

Are you able to verify that Wifi is enabled? I have mine disabled.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, my wifi is indeed enabled, I can connect to other wifi networks, but am unable to find my own, I have even tried to manually connect, and it works with a ethernet cable.

@RobertWy wrote:

@Jabcharrison wrote:

Are you able to verify that Wifi is enabled? I have mine disabled.

Highlighted
New Poster

Did you find a way to fix this? My computer is doing the same thing. I can see my neighbors wifi, and I can connect via the ether net cable but I can't find the signal on my laptop wifi. I updated my laptop and still nothing.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Were you able to update to the latest wireless drivers? Here's the product support page for your laptop model number based on the model number you provided:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7210?b=1

There are two different wireless NICs used in that model, Intel and Atheros. 

If you're not sure which one, search in Windows 10 for "Device Manager" and under "Network Adapters" you should see the name of the model. 

Download, install, reboot, see if it fixes it. As a precaution, it's good to know all the WiFi passwords that you may already be connected to and saved in case they aren't preserved in the driver update (I've never had mine wiped as a result but just in case). 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!