Community Forum

LAN PORTS NOT WORKING xFI ROUTER/MODEM

Highlighted
New Poster

LAN PORTS NOT WORKING xFI ROUTER/MODEM

I have no connectivity when I connect a cat6 cable to my xFI router/modem. I have reset the modem both by using a paperclip and an online reset.  I have tried 5 different ethernet cables and have tried to connect with a cable directly to 2 different pc laptops.  I have tried with my imac also. I get no connectivity.  The only lights on my device is 1 solid white light on the top of the unit and a blinking white light where the coaxial cable connects to the modem.  My wifi is fine but I need the ethernet ports to work so I can have a good connection when in another part of my house that has been wired for ethernet.  I've spent over an hour on a chat support with xfinity that was horrible and ending with her telling me to pay a computer technician to come out and service my computers.  I waiting on hold for over 1.5 hours and had to disconnect because I ran out of time waiting. 

This all started when I tried to connect manaully to the LAN port and couldn't connect.  I contacted support and the xfinity technician came to my house only to tell me I need a better data line coming into my house.  I explained that the wifi was ok but the ethernet port was working.  He insisted I needed a better line coming in.  So,  I had a "better" data line run to my house and still have no ethernet port connectivty.  I am paying for a gigabyte speed and get on average 100-200 mb using wifi in my office which is approximately 40 feet from the router in another room (there is a lot of house in between the router and office) and that is why I had the room wired for lan ports.  When I get closer to the router I can get 300-350 mb speed.

Can someone please provide a solution that might work? I am extremely frustrated and could use some assistance.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: LAN PORTS NOT WORKING xFI ROUTER/MODEM

Hi Ray,

I am having the same issues with my Lan ports. Worked for a few days 2 weeks ago and now none of the LAN ports are blinking and I have 2 Ethernet cables plugged in. Did anyone reply on how to fix this problem?  
Thanks, JT

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: LAN PORTS NOT WORKING xFI ROUTER/MODEM

I'm having the same / similar issue. Every couple days my internet goes out and I have to restart the gateway, and it seems like each time an ethernet port just kinda dies. I've gone around all 4 and am at the last one now, kinda worried one more go around and I won't have any working ethernet ports...