Community Forum

Internet speed and router

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet speed and router

My internet speed tests at 25.2 mbps. It should be 105. My router is 8 years old. Everytime I try to call service the computer resets me. There is no change. I am currently having to teach from home because my school is closed and today I was barely able to communicate with students and access internet. I have been on messenger for nearly an hour and don't know how to get help short of canceling my account so I can actually talk to a live person by going with another company. I have had this account for 8 years and had been happy with it until now, but I don't see any way around this mess because I can't actually get to a real person.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Internet speed and router

Yea I can’t get connected to anyone either. I upgraded my internet and it hasn’t taken effect. I can’t get a real person at all. They are garbage right now
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet speed and router

@kmccrary wrote:

My internet speed tests at 25.2 mbps. It should be 105. My router is 8 years old. Everytime I try to call service the computer resets me. There is no change. I am currently having to teach from home because my school is closed and today I was barely able to communicate with students and access internet. I have been on messenger for nearly an hour and don't know how to get help short of canceling my account so I can actually talk to a live person by going with another company. I have had this account for 8 years and had been happy with it until now, but I don't see any way around this mess because I can't actually get to a real person.

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!