Community Forum

Internet issue

Highlighted
Contributor

Internet issue

One of the photos are modem is in the house and the other is connected to tap I’ve been having some streaming issues when I stream my connection isn’t stable so when I do I get losing frames so if it’s high meaning it’s out of spec and that’s why my the t3 show up and when I game and stream I start to lose connection can someone from Comcast tell me if this is an issue because the people that come here say it’s normal and it’s not can anyone report this to maintenance department please someone help 😞
A9B838D0-5E38-4483-900B-13595D3982F3.jpeg
10BBB1A2-893A-468D-9126-2845D639ECD4.png
B00E4AC0-1041-4EBF-AF79-C79BC0246B35.png
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet issue

The stats are o/k. Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I thought the power levels are supposed to be +10 to -10 am i right or wrong
Highlighted
Expert

They are, at the modem. They are supposed to be stronger at the grounding block (demarc point) and at the tap to allow for the inevitable losses that are involved with the wiring and the splitters.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

So let’s say if I remove the splitter and just run cable it self it would be out of spec tho the power level are supposed to be -10 to +10