Community Forum

Internet goes down regularly

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Internet goes down regularly

My internet service goes down on a daily basis, television unaffected, and I'm tired of it. I've sought support multiple times, both in phone and online chat, tried getting a new cable modem, and followed all the steps online to resolve the connectivity issues, and today, when I tried to get in contact with a representative in chat to schedule a service tech visit to see if there's a line problem, the stupid chat robot wouldn't let me through. What's going on over there? I just want my internet fixed!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Internet goes down regularly

I'm in the same boat. A lot of us are working for home and the chatbot will not let you chat with a service rep. It's enough to make me cancel my service. 

Highlighted
Expert

@Skullholmes wrote:
My internet service goes down on a daily basis, television unaffected, and I'm tired of it. I've sought support multiple times, both in phone and online chat, tried getting a new cable modem, and followed all the steps online to resolve the connectivity issues, and today, when I tried to get in contact with a representative in chat to schedule a service tech visit to see if there's a line problem, the stupid chat robot wouldn't let me through. What's going on over there? I just want my internet fixed!

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I've gone through that whole list multiple times. Not helpful at all.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Got a service tech out and he was able to isolate the issue to the cable unit for my apartment complex needing to be serviced.