Community Forum

Internet dropping

Highlighted
Contributor

Internet dropping

I have been having issues with my internet dropping randomly for about a month now. I feel like it is something external to my apartment that is causing it. How do I schedule a service appointment?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet dropping

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I sent you a private message with the information. 

Highlighted
Expert

Please post the info here in the public forums so that our discussion may help other readers here. Sending unsolicited private messages are a violation of their forum guidelines.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

I made a post ealier requesting a tech visit due to my internet dropping about every hour. You asked me to post  downstream and upstream statistics. Below is what I ran. I am connects wirelessly thorugh a router. My router is an TP Link AC1750 - Archer A7, my modem is Arris SB6141.

Index 2.PNG

Highlighted
Expert

Are there any error log entries being shown ? If so, please post them as well.

Highlighted
Contributor

Capture 1.PNG

Highlighted
Contributor

Capture 1.PNG

Highlighted
Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry, I have having issues pasting the screen shot. See attached for log. 

Capture 1.PNG
Highlighted
Contributor

See attached for log.

Capture 1.PNG
Highlighted
Expert

The SNR is too low / out of spec on channels 10 and 15. Try power-cycling the modem to see if it will lock on to a different set of (perhaps cleaner) downstream channels.