Community Forum

Internet Outages

Regular Visitor

Internet Outages

Hello,

I've been with Xfinity for not even a month and the constant outages have me concerned. I was with CenturyLink (ADSL2+) for years and that connection was solid as a rock! There was no weekly maintenance that took my internet down.

My internet has been going out 2 to 4 times per week for just a few minutes late at night between 1 and 2 am. I'm hearing this is them doing system maintenance. I called support and one tech said its perfectly normal and the 2nd tech said its not normal.

So which is it? Should I get used to it going down late at night? The internet going down for a few minutes every few days is not my idea of stable..
Expert

Re: Internet Outages

Does it happen at any other time other than you stated ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have not noticed any other outages.

But between 1 and 2 am I'm usually glued to my TV playing games online, or watching YouTube/Netflix so I notice it when it cuts out.

I'm running a program now that pings Google every 2.5 minutes and I see 3 down times yesterday for 1 ping interval each. At 10 am and 2 at 3 pm.
Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!