Ckwong's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 3rd, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Internet Issues - Being held hostage

For a few weeks I had encountered some slow speeds, to be honest I was not worried about it. I am a teacher and was enjoying being away from a computer after so much remote teaching. However, I needed to start working so I called Xfinity. After hours on the phone and promises from tier 2 to call me back, they did not. I spent hours on the phone with them trying to rectify the situation. Long story short they sent me a new modem. That modem took 4 times to be recognized. The average download speed is 2.4. Hard wired it varies from 5-9.2. Open instagram and youtube at the same time kills the connection. As I write this, I am being held hostage by "Mark aka Liza" an advanced technical support person who insisted on telling me about their transgender life. He/she was willing to help until I told them that when I got the modem there was a ton of other devices that were trying to connect to it ( you can see it in the app and online under your account). I told her/him I was concerned that they would send a modem that had not been propely cleaned up.  Now they are demanding screen shots of their shoddy work and here I sit with not being able to open 2 tabs at the same time while I get the notice that my bill is due and autopayment is on. 

I will not even talk about the fact they want to charge me 79.00 to come out to look because since I was sent a modem, it would be considered a hook up fee.  

Sooooooooo I am reaching out here to see if anyone has advice. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here