Community Forum

Intermittent internet

Highlighted
New Poster

Intermittent internet

My modem has a red light on it. My internet is down and both Xfi App and Comcast agents tell me everything is fine! This is insane. Does anyone at Xfinity care? 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Intermittent internet

@sders wrote:

My modem has a red light on it. My internet is down and both Xfi App and Comcast agents tell me everything is fine! This is insane. Does anyone at Xfinity care? 

What is the make/model modem you have?  Which light is red?  Could be the agents can see the network connection to your modem as fine, but the modem has a local network problem.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

I think it is XB6

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@sders wrote:

I think it is XB6

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-gateway-led-lights

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

@sders wrote:

First, check here for any local outages;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the replies.

No outages noted on xfinity map or when on phone with xfinity rep. As the table says, red light means no connection to the internet, but, when I am on the phone with the rep. they say I am connected and modem is working normally. Red light goes off and internet will come back up and function normally for a while. All connections are tight. I can go days with normal function and then go days with 20 drops of service or VERY VERY slow service. I am quite suspicious that this is a problem with the lines to my home but they have been replaced. Line to my house is hanging very low from the pole into my neighbor's yard and able to be touched by his children. Comcast will not send anyone out to check this aspect despite the possible danger to small children. I convinced a utility repairman (AEP-SWEPCO) to get the cable out of the street and he temporarily attached it to a pole with a zip tie. Comcast will not come out and check this despite multiple calls and hours wasted by me on the phone. Apparently things are going well in the billing department, however, no lapse there! Very frustrating to deal with and no human contact except through extraordinary means!