Community Forum

Incredibly Slow internet for 4 months now

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Incredibly Slow internet for 4 months now

This is the most frustrated I have ever been with a company. I pay for 1GB internet and have had absolutely horrible service for 4 months now. I’ve been getting either no internet at all or sometimes 10-50mbps. On a rare occasion I might get 400mbps but that only lasts for a couple minutes. I’ve replaced my modem 3 times, replaced coax lines and Ethernet cables as well as had 2 techs come out and say it’s a node issue but here we are with nothing done to fix the issue. I just want normal internet service like everyone else. I would’ve canceled long ago if there was literally any other option for ISP. How do I get my internet fixed?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Incredibly Slow internet for 4 months now

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Incredibly Slow internet for 4 months now

Thanks for your reply. I am currently at work so I can’t post my signal readings. However, I have an XB7 which is the 3rd modem I’ve used now in the last 4 months. The first tech came and replaced the one splitter and tested all the lines and said they all looked fine. The second tech said the same thing. So I guess I’m saying aren’t I past these simple troubleshooting steps? How do I get Comcast to fix the issue of upgrading their node?