Community Forum

Increasing upload speeds

New Poster

Increasing upload speeds

I'll try to keep this short, but I'm trying to up my upload speeds for gaming. I'm sitting at 6mb right now with a wired connection on our 175mb download (though I'm lucky to get 100mb dl, honestly, probably due to multiple users?)

Here are a few specs, not sure if that'll provide some insight.

- Wired with a Cat5 cable
- Netgear CM500 100NAS (no QoS option)
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Increasing upload speeds

You’d have to change your plan to increase the download/ upload. You may also have to change your modem to accommodate those changes, depending what you choose.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Increasing upload speeds

@Leo_Ascendent wrote:
I'll try to keep this short, but I'm trying to up my upload speeds for gaming. I'm sitting at 6mb right now with a wired connection on our 175mb download (though I'm lucky to get 100mb dl, honestly, probably due to multiple users?)

Here are a few specs, not sure if that'll provide some insight.

- Wired with a Cat5 cable
- Netgear CM500 100NAS (no QoS option)

Cat5 will limit you to 100 Mbps download.  Probably really old cable too. I'd invest in a new Cat5E cable or better. Also suggest you check out the Xfinity Internet Connection Troubleshooting Tips thread. 

Your speed tier is 175/5, I believe, which is where you seem to be at. Only real way to substantially increase your upload speeds will be to subscribe to the Extreme (600/15) speed tier, or the Gigabit (1000/35) one, both of which will require equipment upgrades as well.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!