Leo_Ascendent's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 21st, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Increasing upload speeds

I'll try to keep this short, but I'm trying to up my upload speeds for gaming. I'm sitting at 6mb right now with a wired connection on our 175mb download (though I'm lucky to get 100mb dl, honestly, probably due to multiple users?)

Here are a few specs, not sure if that'll provide some insight.

- Wired with a Cat5 cable
- Netgear CM500 100NAS (no QoS option)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

You’d have to change your plan to increase the download/ upload. You may also have to change your modem to accommodate those changes, depending what you choose.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

5 years ago

@Leo_Ascendent wrote:
I'll try to keep this short, but I'm trying to up my upload speeds for gaming. I'm sitting at 6mb right now with a wired connection on our 175mb download (though I'm lucky to get 100mb dl, honestly, probably due to multiple users?)

Here are a few specs, not sure if that'll provide some insight.

- Wired with a Cat5 cable
- Netgear CM500 100NAS (no QoS option)

Cat5 will limit you to 100 Mbps download.  Probably really old cable too. I'd invest in a new Cat5E cable or better. Also suggest you check out the Xfinity Internet Connection Troubleshooting Tips thread. 

Your speed tier is 175/5, I believe, which is where you seem to be at. Only real way to substantially increase your upload speeds will be to subscribe to the Extreme (600/15) speed tier, or the Gigabit (1000/35) one, both of which will require equipment upgrades as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here