thomashendersho's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 26th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Incorrect Password ?

My system for 2.4 Ghz Network shows a  message saying 'Incorrect Password', when I know it's the correct one. What to do?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

If it's a Comcast supplied device, see what it says the password is here;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

Contributor

• 

223 Messages

4 years ago

I just started having similar problem. I have different SSID for each channel, 2.4 and 5.0. Both have same password.
When I switch to 2.4 I get the incorrect password and enter the password and it works. When I switch to 5.0 it does so no problem. I’ve tried several recommendations, including reboot modem , reset network on phone, forget network and reenact. Restarted phones as well. Nothing helps. I have IPhone X and Xfinity Xfi modem. This just started. Oh, happened on wife’s phone only once.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Has anyone determined a fix for this problem? Same thing is happening for us. Can't connect to wifi because it says our password is incorrect. We have restarted the gateway, we unplugged it for a few minutes, and we tried changing the WiFi password. All of these provided a temporary fix (about 5 minutes) before we were kicked off again.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Happening to me this morning as well

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_3344e1 Not sure if you also use the xfi pods but it seems like they were the issue for me. I just unplugged and removed all of the pods and connected my devices directly to the gateway and now it seems to be working. It's annoying not being able to use the pods but at least I can get online (albeit slowly)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Seems widespread, seeing lots of posts and also numerous calls to the call center. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also having the same issue.  Restarting the router fixes the issue for a few minutes and then the connection is lost.  When I try to connect, I get a "password is incorrect" message.  This is happening on my cell phone and on my desktop computer.  Please help!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The problem is with the pod's. The obviously updated firmware overnight without testing properly and are scrambling to rollback now. Unplug any pods you have and you can connect to the router directly, unless its 2 floors up like mine. This has been by far the most unreliable Internet service I have ever had and continues to cripple my home business....... I'm ready to rip everything out and bring back my previous provider that had slower speeds (advertised speeds anyway) but NEVER went down. I'm lucky to see 250mb/sec with Comcast anyway which is far from 1Gb.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The problem is with the pod's. They obviously updated firmware overnight without testing properly and are scrambling to rollback now. Unplug any pods you have and you can connect to the router directly, unless its 2 floors up like mine. This has been by far the most unreliable Internet service I have ever had and continues to cripple my home business....... I'm ready to rip everything out and bring back my previous provider that had slower speeds (advertised speeds anyway) but NEVER went down. I'm lucky to see 250mb/sec with Comcast anyways which is far from their advertised 1Gb.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_1de7dd 

thanks for sharing. Unplugging pods now.

will I have to connect laptop directly to the router or the wireless will work?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_3344e1 I'm having the same problem with the wifi, the PC I'm responding from is hardwired to the modem, seems fine

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Yes, definitely a pod issue.  I unplugged my pods and now I can connect to wifi with password.  Thanks Now we will see if they get a fix soon.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_3344e1 you can connect wireless directly to the router/modem. The problem is only with the pods.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here