Community Forum

Inconsistent WiFi

Highlighted
New Poster

Inconsistent WiFi

We just upgraded to 1 gigabit wifi speeds, and the internet has randomly dropped a lot in the past few days since we upgraded, seen mostly when gaming. I am connected through ethernet directly to the modem/router, the Wireless Gateway 2. There are around 6-7 other devices, and 3 on. There is also another pc connected through ethernet. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Inconsistent WiFi

One thing you can do for starters is

Check all your network cables to make sure they say CAT 5e on the side of the cables.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Inconsistent WiFi

@tommyrn wrote:

We just upgraded to 1 gigabit wifi speeds, and the internet has randomly dropped a lot in the past few days since we upgraded, seen mostly when gaming. I am connected through ethernet directly to the modem/router, the Wireless Gateway 2. There are around 6-7 other devices, and 3 on. There is also another pc connected through ethernet. 

Your post is a bit confusing. The title says Inconsistent WiFi", and then you state this: "I am connected through ethernet directly to the modem/router, the Wireless Gateway 2". And also this,: "There are around 6-7 other devices, and 3 on". On what ?

Would you please provide more clarity and details here. Is everything "dropping", or is it just the WiFi connected devices ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!