Community Forum

IPv6 Or Not?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

IPv6 Or Not?

I just ran the Comcast Connectivity Test (test-ipv6.comcast.net/index.html.en_US ). The message delivered was "No IPv6 detected. You appear to have no IPv6 at this time."

When I review the setup for IPv6 on my TP-Link AC1750 router, it shows a connection type of DHCPv6, an IPv6 address, a default gateway, and IPv6 DNS address.

Is IPv6 in use on my PC? Am I setup correctly? Why does the Comcast test disagree with the TP-Link setup?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: IPv6 Or Not?

Sounds like things are right ! That sometimes happens to me also with that CC test. Try this one and see what it says;

https://ipv6-test.com/ It should say 17 out of 20 if IPv6 is working correctly.

For a test, what does that test say with that computer connected directly to the cable modem (no router in the mix) ? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The IPv6-test.com reports IPv6 connectivity is "Not Supported". Score 4/20.

Highlighted
Expert

@boomerm3 wrote:

The IPv6-test.com reports IPv6 connectivity is "Not Supported". Score 4/20.

Is that with the computer connected directly to the modem (no router in the mix) ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Because of the physical configuration, bypassing the router is not possible.

Highlighted
Expert

O/k without that test, it can't be isolated to being a Comcast issue, or your equipment.