Community Forum

IP address

Highlighted
New Poster

IP address

Just rented xfinity modem with wifi.  Lost IP address in my desktop when searching in DOS.  Why?  Where can I get my IP address.  Verizon, one can find IP address through TV.  Can't access through Comcast TV?. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: IP address

You can't see your LAN / local private IP address using the command "ipconfig" from a command prompt window ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

What IP are you looking for? You local home IP, or your external IP from Comcast?

For the external, you can go to a site like this:

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

In fact, going to Google and typing in "Find my ip address" will show you your address right on the search page!

For internal, from a command prompt, you can do an "ipconfig /all | more" and find the proper WiFi or  Ethernet device being used.

Highlighted
Expert

.@andyross

This comment; "Lost IP address in my desktop when searching in DOS. " made me think that they were talking about their LAN IP addy ? I could be wrong. We shall see, that is, if they return..

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!