Community Forum

I need to check my router’s confutation UI for an IPv6 settings page

New Poster

I need to check my router’s confutation UI for an IPv6 settings page

need to check my router’s confutation UI for an IPv6 settings page, and then look for the following options:

• Allow Teredo tunneling
  • Allow IPv6 tunneling

Does anyone know how to do this. I have a Xfinity x1 Gateway says xb6.

My son is using a xbox one abd unable to join some party chats, its say NAT unavailble.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I need to check my router’s confutation UI for an IPv6 settings page

I’m interested to learn about this too. I have two Xbox’s and one is nat open and the other nat strict.  I have my own router and set upnp on and it seems it’s using ip v4. I’m considering going to an ip6 router and would need this info too. 

Expert

@Jennycook73 wrote:

need to check my router’s confutation UI for an IPv6 settings page, and then look for the following options:

• Allow Teredo tunneling
  • Allow IPv6 tunneling

Does anyone know how to do this. I have a Xfinity x1 Gateway says xb6.

My son is using a xbox one abd unable to join some party chats, its say NAT unavailble.

You will not be using either one of those methods. Comcast uses native IPv6.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So, what then - there's no fix for this issue? I'm having the same exact problem as above.

Expert

To put it another way, automatic configuration / DHCPv6 is what needs to be selected in any router if the selection actually exists.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!