Community Forum

I can't connect to the Internet!

XBear
New Poster

I can't connect to the Internet!

When I sign in to my Xfinity account on my MacBook Pro, the WiFi icon on the top of my screen indicates that I'm connected. But I can't access any websites.

There are five white lights on the front of my modem. The top light - Power - shines steadily. The middle light - "Online" - does nothing. The other lights flash on and off.

I found the following under Network Preferences:

Network Preferences > 802.1X
Name: WiFi
Authentication: TTSL
Wireless Network: XFINITY
Security Type: WPA/WPA2 Enterprise
Trusted Certificate:
Trusted Servers: *.aaa.wifi.comcast.com,

If I remember correctly, the first time I tried to connect all the lights shone steadily except for Online, but I could be mistaken.

Another problem - Xfinity advertised two months of free service due to the coronavirus pandemic. So I signed up and had an Internet connection. But after setting up my modem, I've apparently lost my free connection, which means I can't connect to the Internet, period.

I've given up on customer support. I decided to try the forum, after which I'm cancelling my account.

Thanks for any tips.

EG
Expert

Re: I can't connect to the Internet!

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
XBear
New Poster

Re: I can't connect to the Internet!

Thanks for the link. I'm at a WiFi cafe right now (I didn't know they were going to reopen today!), but I'll check out your reference when I get home.