Community Forum

How do I get somebody to come out and rewire outside during Covid?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How do I get somebody to come out and rewire outside during Covid?

My internet keeps dropping all the time since it got hot outside, and every time we call they say they can't come out because of Covid restrictions so they put us on a list.  So my wife is supposed to be working from home with wifi that goes out 5 times a day or more?   They say it hasn't been rewired since 2013 and they have changed out the modem and all that inside back in March.  It has to be outside.   Who do I have to talk to to get somebody to come OUTSIDE and take care of rewiring, it's outside, no risks but they still won't come out.  Sick of everyone using Covid as an excuse not to fix something i pay 90 bucks a month for.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do I get somebody to come out and rewire outside during Covid?

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this from being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both, see ? It's a good first step of troubleshooting before we proceed any further.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!