Community Forum

How do I disable security setting that prevents port forwarding?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How do I disable security setting that prevents port forwarding?

I am trying to use an application to do role playing on-line since we cannot get together in person.  This application needs to have a port forwarded to allow users on other computers to connect to the game.  I was able to set up the port forwarding, but the security program blocked this access while I was testing the capability with my daughter.

I have not been able to get any indication of how to undo this change from the website and I have not been able to talk to a person to get help.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do I disable security setting that prevents port forwarding?

What security program are you talking about? If you refer to xFi Advanced Security, you can go here. 

(requires XFINITY account logon)

https://internet.xfinity.com/more/my-services/my-services-disabling

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@boychemist wrote:

I am trying to use an application to do role playing on-line since we cannot get together in person.  This application needs to have a port forwarded to allow users on other computers to connect to the game.  I was able to set up the port forwarding, but the security program blocked this access while I was testing the capability with my daughter.

I have not been able to get any indication of how to undo this change from the website and I have not been able to talk to a person to get help.

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a workaround for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I already tried disabling the advanced security.  Then I cleared and reset the port forwarding.  Still doesn't work.  There is something else happening that is not in my control.

How do I post publicly?  I didn't know I didn't make it public.