Community Forum

How can I escalate a internet speed issue with my Gigabit service?

fredcdw
Regular Visitor

How can I escalate a internet speed issue with my Gigabit service?

Hello:

I'm trying to resolve an issue with my new Comcast gigabit service. I am not getting the QOS speeds advertised by Comcast. I've had 3 different techs com out and tell me it's my problem. The issue is is I'm only getting 250Mbps download speed at most. The tech did a line check and claim that it's on my end even though it was measured with only the cable modem (An Arris SB8200) connected to my wired NIC on a Dell M4600 wired connection. The last tech I talked to said that I need to buy a brand new $3000.00 computer in order to get those speeds. Needless to say I'm frustrated beyond words. So I want to know who else I can speak to at Xfinity beyond the tech level. To me, this is false advertising on Xfinity's/Comcast's part. I'd really like to exhaust all avenues before I give up and downgrade the service back to Blast level. Thanks for any advice.

EG
Expert

Re: How can I escalate a internet speed issue with my Gigabit service?

Have you seen this ?;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-speed-troubleshooting-video/m-p/3310454#M316...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
fredcdw
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I have tried most of those suggestions and none has helped. Local Comcast technical support has all but written me off on this issue. I need to speak to someone on the national level to get this resolved. Any ideas?

Again
Expert

@fredcdw wrote:

Thanks, I have tried most of those suggestions and none has helped. Local Comcast technical support has all but written me off on this issue. I need to speak to someone on the national level to get this resolved. Any ideas?

That computer is how old now? 8? 9? years old?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
haleymateo
Frequent Visitor

1 888 824 8988 Comcast 3rd level support
fredcdw
Regular Visitor

It's about 7 years old, but it does have a built in wired NIC that is gigabit. And I have tested it with only the modem connected to it. Best I could get was 280Mbps down and 40Mbps up