Community Forum

Horrible Download Speed

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Horrible Download Speed

Up until this Tuesday, my Xfinity 300mbps internet was working great. Then Wednesday evening, the modem would only bond to one channel, so I was only getting 30mbps download speed. Stupid me went and bought a new Arris SBG8300 modem/router and upgraded to gig speed internet yesterday. Got it all connected through Xfinity last night and now still 30mbps downlaod speed. Upload is well above the 35mbps. What is going on? Arris support confirmed it is Comcast's issue. The modem has 32 channels and only 28 are being used. We have three folks working at home now and 32mbps just isnt cutting it. Especially when paying for gig speed. The 30mbps is all day early morning and night, peak times does not affect it. Now it's impossible to get Xfinity support on the phone or to the house. Please help!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Horrible Download Speed

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!