Community Forum

Good Up/Down speeds, but terrible PING

benuncharted1
New Poster

Good Up/Down speeds, but terrible PING

Hi all,

I've tried to get this through comcast/xfinity support several times over support chat and over phone to no avail. My household plays a good amount of online multiplayer gaming and also likes to stream occassionally, but over the last few months our ping has become impossible to deal with. Our up/down speeds are fine and what we pay for - we have no issue streaming video or using the internet whether it is WIFI or ethernet. I even purchased a new high quality modem/router to see if that was the issue, but it did not solve the problem. 

I've tried to figure this out on my own, and as far as I can tell, there's literally just random days where our ping is steady and other days where our ping is spiking upwards of 300ms every 2-3 seconds. For example, last week, online gaming was essentially impossible to play on PC or PS4, both with ethernet connections. Then from Friday-Sunday, ping was great and online gaming was smooth. Now, Monday, ping is back to spiking and no one can play games. Look at these ping tests I've been collecting as proof:

June 18June 18June 19-21June 19-21June 22June 22

Thank you to anyone who can help. None of my interactions with comcast/xfinity support thus far have been bad or annoying, but it is getting frustrating that there is never a solution to my problem. 

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Good Up/Down speeds, but terrible PING

The images you posted aren't visible. They all look like this:

undefined

It's probably because the images require moderator approval. That might take some time, from a few hours to a day or so. Alternatively, you could upload the images to a file sharing site and post links to them here, or post text instead of images.