Community Forum

Getting half my internet speed after rebooting modem (speed fluctuates after each reboot) - MOTOROLA

Highlighted
New Poster

Getting half my internet speed after rebooting modem (speed fluctuates after each reboot) - MOTOROLA

I'm paying for gigabit speed and usually my speeds with Xfinity are fantastic, close to the advertised 1000 mbps (usually in the 900s in the speed tests).    Today I was doing some work on the power outlets in my house and turned off my MOTOROLA MB8600 modem and turned it back on.   When I did so, I noticed my internet running unusually slow so I did a speed test and I was getting 24 mbps!!!   I unplugged the connection from my router, connected it directly to my laptop, rebooted the modem and same results. 

After a couple of more power-cycles of my modem, the speed tests would fluctuate between 24 mbps and 450 mbps.   The 450 was the highest I ever got back again.  I think that every time I reboot the modem, Xfinity is putting me in the wrong service tier or something, but never back to the correct one.   I can't explain what else could be happening. 

Has anyone experienced this before?  I want the speeds I pay for back! 

Thanks in advance.  

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Getting half my internet speed after rebooting modem (speed fluctuates after each reboot) - MOTO

Did you watch this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-speed-troubleshooting-video/m-p/3310454#M316...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Getting half my internet speed after rebooting modem (speed fluctuates after each reboot) - MOTO

It's a vid.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!