Community Forum

Getting below 50% speed with the Performance Pro plan

Highlighted
New Poster

Getting below 50% speed with the Performance Pro plan

Hello,

This is absolute frustrated. I have no idea why xfinity charged me for an extra $15 for a performance pro speed that was up to 175 mbps. However I got a download speed of 65 mbps from Google speed test, and even 58 mbps download speed from the official comcast speed test, not even half of the 175 mbps. I ask customer service and they transferred me to the comcast customer service and the comcast customer service transferred me to the xfinity customer service and the xfinity customer service is closed today!? This service is absolute trash, I'm like donating money to xfinity, consider not using comcast for the rest of my life...

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Getting below 50% speed with the Performance Pro plan

Was this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Getting below 50% speed with the Performance Pro plan

I have a desktop that is direct connected to the router. The speed test is still below 80, for laptop (wi-fi) its lower.