Community Forum

Getting Internet in a Backyard Detatched Studio

Highlighted
New Poster

Getting Internet in a Backyard Detatched Studio

I have a small artist studio in our backyard, about 250 feet away from our house. Now that I'm working from home for the foreseeable future, I need to get reliable internet out there. I've tried using a powerline adapter as well as a wifi extender, and neither method worked. The studio is wired for cable, so my question is, is there a way to add a second router out there? I don't need or want a second account or IP address; I just want to be able to connect to the internet. Is there a way to do this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Getting Internet in a Backyard Detatched Studio

Is the coax cable in that is in the studio interconnected with the coax in your home ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I think so? I'm not 100% certain. I've never used the cable out there myself. The previous owners that built the studio put it in. I do know that when we switched from DirecTV to Xfinity a few years ago, they were able to use the existing cable hook-up, so I'm assuming the cable is integrated. Is there any way to check myself?

Highlighted
Expert

Bring a modem out there and see if it works. If it is interconnected with your home, consider using MoCA adapters. You can Google MoCA adapters for more info.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm assuming you mean bring the entire XB3 Wireless Gateway out to the studio and connect it there?

Also, do you know if the XB3 has MoCA support? I see down by where you plug in the coax cable, it says "MoCA." Trying to figure out if I need an adapter on the modem/router end or just the receiving end out in the studio.