New Poster

Gateway

How to reset gateway password

EG
Expert

Re: Gateway

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gnoworries
New Poster

Thanks but I'm not trying to change the wifi password. I'm looking to reset the gateway, 10.0.0.1, password. The password I have saved is not working. The method online to reset the gateway to reset the password is not working either. Any  thoughts?

EG
Expert

Oh o/k. Your post wasn't abundantly clear to me. Are you holding in the recessed reset button for at least 30 seconds ? That's the way to do a full hard reset to factory defaults. The access password will now be the default value of password.

Admin is the username

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gnoworries
New Poster

Hi - it took me a bit to get there but eventually had success! thanks so much for help and expertise! God bless you!

EG
Expert

My pleasure ! Glad you got it sorted out !