Community Forum

Frustrated with slowed internet - paying for gigabit, getting ~150-180 mbps for downloads

Highlighted
New Poster

Frustrated with slowed internet - paying for gigabit, getting ~150-180 mbps for downloads

Have had multiple service calls the past two days.  Did a modem swap and had someone check the line outside the house.  Have done multiple re-sets, but nothing has fixed the issue.  Was at 900 mbps a couple fo weeks ago.  Frustrated beyond belief.  Also am having issues with X1 video / audio sync issues (multiple box / system re-sets and nothing has fixed).  Help!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Frustrated with slowed internet - paying for gigabit, getting ~150-180 mbps for downloads

@bbhocking3 wrote:

Have had multiple service calls the past two days.  Did a modem swap and had someone check the line outside the house.  Have done multiple re-sets, but nothing has fixed the issue.  Was at 900 mbps a couple fo weeks ago.  Frustrated beyond belief.  Also am having issues with X1 video / audio sync issues (multiple box / system re-sets and nothing has fixed).  Help!

It could be an increased load on your area's infrastructure.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-speed-troubleshooting-video/m-p/3310454#M316...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!