Community Forum

Frequent modem timeouts and internet outage

Highlighted
New Poster

Frequent modem timeouts and internet outage

I'm facing way too many outages with each outage taking 5 minutes or so. I can see the modem restarting after a while. I had this issue before and the tech came and did not find anything (he actually blamed some unused devices connected to the network causing congestion). I have since changed the modem and removed unused devices from the network. This happens even in midnight when there is hardly any activity. I see too many T3/T4 timeouts in the modem logs. This happens every day intermittently like every 1 or 2 hours. 

log.jpg

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Frequent modem timeouts and internet outage

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Frequent modem timeouts and internet outage

Hi karthipk. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. I can help with troubleshooting your internet timeouts issues. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!