Community Forum

Frequent Internet drops

Highlighted
New Poster

Frequent Internet drops

We are experiencing frequent internet drops the last few months at least, I believe it started when we "upgraded" to the Arris TG3482G. We get frozen or disconnected from zoom calls (school/work), wifi calls and when gaming (Xbox, pc, switch, iPad) regardless of if we are on wifi or directly on the internet. The issue seems to be getting worse, I was disconnected 4 rounds in a row tonight on fortnite and our tv streaming kept se2rhcing for signal. The issues only last for a minute but having to reconnect to business calls 2-3 times in one hour is unacceptable. Please help, I am pretty tech savvy so happy to run any type of diagnostics if someone points me in the right direction. I also want to mention I didn't have this problem with out previous router from Xfinity. 
also, I have big issues when when live sports, especially pro football, the signal would get all scrambled and sometimes would fix itself or else I would have to turn off/on the set top box. 

4D1CB985-E61C-4FDB-99FB-502981D589D3.jpeg

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Frequent Internet drops

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!