Community Forum

Firmware update needed

Frequent Visitor

Firmware update needed

Can a Comcast employee please update the firmware on my Netgear C6300. I have the MAC address and the phone support says it’s not their job to support third party routers/modems. But the Netgear website says it is, and other posts on here show that Comcast does push the firmware updates to third party routers/modems.
Expert

Re: Firmware update needed

Their system automatically keeps the firmware updated for modems and combo gateway devices with the latest versions from the manufacturers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Not if it’s a brand new modem that isn’t on the current firmware. The firmware mismatch is causing my modem to not be able to go online to the Comcast network.
Expert

The device will pull the most current firmware load that is queued on the system the very first time it is connected to a live Comcast signal feed and is powered on.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Modem/router has been plugged in, connected to the Comcast signal, signal is good, and powered on.  Modem/router has been setup with Comcast. You can send the restart signal and ping the modem. It talks to Comcast. Firmware has not been updated. 

Expert

Can you browse to websites ?

Frequent Visitor

No. 

Expert

Are you certain that it has been fully activated for service by them ?

Frequent Visitor

Thats what they tell me. Spent almost 8 hours on the phone with them and Netgear about this. 

Expert

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. 

You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

Official Employee

Hello UpdateFirmware9, thank you for reaching out here and welcome to our forums.  Firmware should be automaically updated as stated above but I would like to help review your modem and services further on my side and help troubleshoot further.  Please send us a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.