Community Forum

Finally, the answer to my 1GB problems!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Finally, the answer to my 1GB problems!

So, after 5 months of getting anywhere from 300-500mb on a 1GB there is a solution. I had been told it was my brand new SB8200 modem or my cables were bad. I finally had a 2nd tech visit and got the answer.. bad node. The node is bad and only sending 3.0 signals and not 3.1 which it should be. He showed me a pic of the speed test scan and it looked exactly like my speed test. It would start high and drop off, which is where the 3.1 channels are supposed to be. The bad part is, after reading posts here I tried to tell the 20+ people I talked to in chat and the 1st line tech that came out. I was told they would look at the node the 1st time, which they didn't. So, it might not be your SB8200 after all.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Finally, the answer to my 1GB problems!

FWIW, there is only one single DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM channel for the gigabit speed tier.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just going off what the guy said, but thanks for pointing out my error and not the ones they had been telling me and putting off for 5 months.
Highlighted
Expert

No worries ! Not your "error". We've seen many many attempted *con-jobs* here before......

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I hear you. I can only do research myself and sometimes its very hard to know who to believe and trust. Hopefully this is finally the answer. Should know in the next day or so. Fingers crossed.