Community Forum

D-Link DHP 700AV Powerline Adapter & Comcast xFi Gateway Connectivity Issues

john_foote
New Poster

D-Link DHP 700AV Powerline Adapter & Comcast xFi Gateway Connectivity Issues

Greetings,

So I am attempting to use the D-Link DHP-700AV (PowerlineAV2 2000) Powerline Adapters with my xFi Gateway Router and things appear successful until I run a speed test. 

For a baseline, my WiFi in the office is roughly 500mbps down and 40mbps up depending on the device and time of day, I pay for the Gigabyte package. When using the D-Link Powerline Adapter the lights on the unit indicate I have good power, good signal strength, and the hardware itself indicates no issues. After running a speed test when using the D-Link it results in 15 down and 40 up. At first, I thought this was an issue with the electrics etc but that 40 up seemed suspicious since if there was a quality issue in the signal I shouldn't be able to transmit my max up speed. In addition, when I plugged the line into my XBox, also in the office, it reported that the NAT Type was Strict while WiFi is NAT Type Open. Please also note that an XBox One X that is in the same room and hardwired into the xFi Gateway shows a NAT Type of Open with +650 down and 40 up.

This leads me to believe that it is the router that doesn't properly "see" the Powerline Adapters and it is treating them, or the data running through them, differently somehow.

Any thoughts to help me solve this issue would be great as I would love to have a wired connection in my office without needing to run Ethernet through the attic.

Thank you!