Community Forum

Constant network disconnects, Comcast won't listen to me or their own tech.

ejh0007
Regular Visitor

Constant network disconnects, Comcast won't listen to me or their own tech.

So my internet connection drops out between 50-100 times throughout the day, only for a few seconds at a time usually, but since I am working from home this makes video calls etc. almost impossible to conduct. I contacted support and they had a tech come out who checked everything and said that there was no issue with any of my equipment/connections and that there was a mainline issue (according to him several of my neighbors were having the exact same issue) and a crew would be sent out in the next week or so to fix it. Well, fast forward 2 weeks and the issue is the same (as of now there have been 135 disconnects in the past 24 hours). I contacted support again a little while ago to ask when the crew would be out to fix the problem. The support person told me that there is no note about a line issue and the problem is my modem (which is a new modem from the Comcast approved modem list). I explained to them that this can't be true (I replaced my modem about a month ago to try and resolve this exact issue yet it persisted as well as the tech checked everything out and said it's all good) and explained the conversation I had with the Comcast tech to which he just told me there is no line issue contact Netgear. I contacted Netgear who said 'Contact Comcast.'. I'm not really sure what to do at this point since their customer service people won't spend the time to understand the issue and pass it off as a modem issue presumably because that's easier for them even though their own tech who came out told me otherwise. I do not run any splitters on the coax line either, it comes straight in and to my modem so I know that isn't the cause. Does anyone know what the issue could be and/or what I can do to get Comcast to fix it? I really don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling but I can't get my work done with how bad it is. If there is any other information that could help please let me know and I will post it. Thank you all in advance!

Edit: This issue occurs for the whole network, even if a device is using ethernet directly into the modem.

chicki0929
New Poster

Re: Constant network disconnects, Comcast won't listen to me or their own tech.

I have the same exact issue and Comcast told me to spend $119 on pods.  Why should I have to pay for this when they are not providing the proper service?  Exasperating!

ejh0007
Regular Visitor

It's very frustating. Especially since ,for me atleast, it is not a coverage issue. My whole network and everything on it (wired or not) goes down.

Gallardo
New Poster

I had the same problem. So what I did was I connected a wireless router that I used before. (Night Hawk) . I had to get into the Modem they provided. Connect to the modem through a web browser via IP address. Sign in and put it to Bridge mode. Once everything boots up, Connect your wireless router, then cycle power to the modem. There modem has a problem with switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz so it causes it to crash. I haven't had a problem since.
ejh0007
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the input. I don't have the comcast modem, I have a Netgear CM700 (a comcast approved modem). This problem also persists when the router/wifi is completely turned off or I am hardwired directly into the modem, so I dont think this is what's causing it.

Barefooterdude
New Poster

SAME exact problem.  Almost identical "Comcast service" from the techs'.  I was told that my node was oversubscribed.  My 4 neighbors all use Comcast and all of us have horrid service.   Just yesterday, we had a total of 4 outages in about an hour's time.  I have a backup LTE device on my firewall, and you can see if turn on every time Comcast goes out - it's a lot.

I was told the fix was to pull another fiber line to my main node and break out the subscribers.  That was about 3 months ago.  As you can tell, still not fixed, same issue, drops and horrible latency issues.

I tried twice to connect to tech support today and both times, the online techs have "hung up" on me.  The first one just disappeared for an hour until I disconnected and the second one was able to 'disconnect' from their side.  Totally unprofessional behavior, something the Chief Customer Experience Officer at Comcast should look into.

I cannot wait for Starlink to be operational, I'm dumping Comcast the day I can get an uplink box.

Danavas
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem the last days. Xb7 constantly drop connection and the xFi app report an outage and the team is working on that. 2-3 times outages every day I never saw in my life.

Tech operators from Philippine can't help, they are not trained. I wish at to had fiber in my area. 

burneduser
New Poster

Mine has done the same thing,comcast sold me a higher speed,I went to a new,approved modem,and the trouble is still happening.Comcast wants to send a tech,but my neighbor had one already scheduled,and the problem is something with oustide lines.I cannot wait all day for a tech.I need to earn a living!! And,when you contact "customer service",you get the automated "gatekeeper"! It wants to do a "send signal,and reset"BEFORE you get to a human,you wait and wait,yet the problem is still there. Comcast wants the money for a service,yet there is no reduction for the lost time,or drop outs!  Maybe if people would contact the PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION in their state,that may open comcast's eyes! I had a neighbor,that contacted the Georgia PSC,and got their issue resolved.And it was about cable boxes,and the lack of outlets to get a new one,they had a 90 mile round trip to get that done,twice,but their problem was corrected.Mine remains,and it is internet!! I am not happy with my service!!! Does comcast care,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,not at all!