Community Forum

Constant internet outages in my area

Highlighted
New Poster

Constant internet outages in my area

For the last 2 months I've been reaching out to tech support about constant internet outages in my area. I can't get any information on what's wrong or if/when they'll fixing the issue. I work from home and it's imperative that I have reliable internet.

I'd feel a lot better at least knowing engineers are aware of the issue and it's just taking awhile to get to because of Covid restrictions. But they won't even tell me that. And, they won't address the multiple outages at all. They only tell me the ETA to fix the outage for that particular day. When I ask about all the past outages and what they're doing to prevent future outages they talk in circles. It's really frustrating.

I'm willing to be patient and wait if I at least had some kind of information on what steps they're taking. I just can't deal with these issues for another 2 months. I'm tired of wasting PTO days because my internet went out.

How do I find out more information on consistent outages like this? Anyone else have a similar issue and can tell me how long it took to get fixed?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Constant internet outages in my area

I am in the same unfortunate boat.  I've had 4 interruptions today alone all lasting for at least an hour and today has been a good day.  Also, I have the exact same support experience that you're having.  The outage map always says the same thing too:  Due to unforseen circumstances...

Edit:  I have a bunch of these messages in my logs

[Docsis][1012]: Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
2020/8/11 20:38:49 Warning

[Docsis][1012]: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
2020/8/11 20:37:49 Warning

[Docsis][1012]: Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC
2020/8/11 20:37:49 Critical