Community Forum

Constant T3 timeout errors and modem hanging

roopakv
New Poster

Constant T3 timeout errors and modem hanging

I've recenlty been experiencing a huge amount of T3 connection timeouts. In the order of a few times a day.

I called in the last time and when I finally convinced the person on the call that resetting my modem a bajillion times was not the issue they sent someone over. The technician did do something which resolved the issue for ~1 week and then it started up again.

For context We have no splitters or any of that sort and so the connection issues are not inside my home.

This is a screeshot of what my modem saw today. (Since images dont work for new users, ive uploaded it here: https://gist.github.com/roopakv/b5fd8f4f017dfece0ef201f10e752670)

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 9.30.50 PM.png

I am sort of at wits end here trying to convince people that it isnt me having to reset my modem. 

- What would be the best way to convince comcast to come look into this issue?

- What is the typical resolution here? Im guessing some cabling somewhere near my home has issues.

EG
Expert

Re: Constant T3 timeout errors and modem hanging

Please also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!