Community Forum

Consistent Internet Drops All Day Long

Highlighted
New Poster

Consistent Internet Drops All Day Long

We started getting random network drops at my house - It's interrupting work, and the kids school - I've called help desk, and they just have me reboot every time, and say outside of that, they can't help me. Is this something that can be escalated? We need a stable connection, and right now, it isn't.

I've tried a brand-new out of box modem, and the one Xfinity is leasing me, both drop about the same amount. I have checked all connections, and tightened down coax - I can't see anything wrong from my side.

Please help.

Internet Drop - 10 51am 3-25-2020.PNG

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Consistent Internet Drops All Day Long

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Consistent Internet Drops All Day Long

Hi markutismw. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thanks for creating your first post. Sorry you're having troubles with your internet. I can assist with troubleshooting your intermittent connection and timeouts issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!