Community Forum

Connection drops on a specific port, using XB7 gateway

SudSar
New Poster

Connection drops on a specific port, using XB7 gateway

Hi,

On my new XB7 gateway, one of the ethernet ports (#4 with red line) periodically drops the connection and does not work even after restarting the gateway multiple times.

If the switch to one of the other 3 ports, it always works. I need to use all 4 ports, especially port #4 as I'm expected to get 2.5 Gbps on it (as per Solved: xFi Gateway 3rd Generation - XB7 - Red labeled Ethernet port. - Xfinity Help and Support For...)

How can I troubleshoot this further? Or did I receive a faulty equipment? 

Thanks.

BT246
New Poster

Re: Connection drops on a specific port, using XB7 gateway

I have had a problem with this even before I upgraded to XB7. I was hoping the upgrade was going to resolve this. The intermitant connection loss occurs no matter which port I use.

EG
Expert

Re: Connection drops on a specific port, using XB7 gateway

@SudSar wrote:

I need to use all 4 ports, especially port #4 as I'm expected to get 2.5 Gbps on it (as per Solved: xFi Gateway 3rd Generation - XB7 - Red labeled Ethernet port. - Xfinity Help and Support For...)

FWIW, Comcast doesn't even provide 2.5 Gbps. 1 Gbps is the maximum provided that you even subscribe to the gigabit speed tier.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!