Community Forum

Connection drops, High Ping, Packet loss

Highlighted
New Poster

Connection drops, High Ping, Packet loss

Hi, im having issues with the internet for 2 months. Connection drops, high ping and packet loss, can't play any online games. I have called 10 times already and waited an hour or 2 just to get someone and when i did they all said the same thing like a mindless robot (whatever i say goes over their head), and they all do the same process with 0 progress. Already had 2 technician show up, changed cable, tried new modem, tried both wireless and wired connection but nothing seem to be working. One of the technician didn't even do nothing, just showed up, doesn't know what he is doing, i showed him high ping and packet loss in game, he says everything is fine with the connection, i tried to explain, but he doesn't understand s***.
This issue happened before in 2016 or 17, and had numerous technician show up with no fix, until this last technician who fixed everything, but idk what he did, i was at work. I believe there could be problem with node like other posts suggested.
At this point I'm just wasting my money and paying for a big headache. I'm losing my patience and might end up canceling my contract with comcast if it doesn't get fixed by this month.