I have had Xfinity for several months now without any major issues but I have had recent trouble when trying to connect EA servers for Apex Legends. For about 2 weeks now it shows that I have -1ms and 100% packet loss to all servers. I have an ethernet cable plugged directly into my Motorola MG7550 (which is my modem and router) for my connection. All other internet functionality seems to be working and nothing has changed with my setup/service (at least as far as I can tell).
My first thought was that this may have been an issue on EA's side so I started by contacting them and trying various toubleshooting guides that they have (General Connection, PC Connection, and Port Triggering). None of the troubleshooting in any of the guides resolved my issue. Additional information I learned from troubleshooting and wanted to include here was a traceroute that EA had me run trough there UO Trace application.
UO Trace Results (clearly an issue at and after Hop 3, trying to connect to easo.ea.com):
Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
* Unknown Host * 192.168.0.1 1 0ms 0ms 0% 100 / 100 0ms / 2ms
* Unknown Host * 22.214.171.124 2 8ms 8ms 0% 100 / 100 7ms / 16ms
* Unknown Host * 126.96.36.199 3 18ms 100% 0 / 100
* Unknown Host * 188.8.131.52 4 11ms 100% 0 / 100
be-101-ar03.audubon.nj.panjde.com 184.108.40.206 5 8ms 100% 0 / 100
lag-45.ear4.Newark1.Level3.net 220.127.116.11 6 11ms 100% 0 / 100
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 7 0ms
* Unknown Host * 18.104.22.168 8 17ms 100% 0 / 100
* Unknown Host * 22.214.171.124 9 15ms 100% 0 / 100
* Unknown Host * 126.96.36.199 10 16ms 100% 0 / 100
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 11 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 12 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 13 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 14 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 15 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 16 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 17 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 18 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 19 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 20 0ms
My next step was contacting my ISP (xfinity) but after taking to someone for roughly a half an hour and being told my case would be escalated to the next group I have not gotten any additional response for over 2 days now after being told I would recieve a call within 24-48 hours. So now I turn to this forum for hopefully some support and maybe a solution to this problem.
Interesting. I've been having issues with getting onto Apex, myself, as well as other non EA games. Factorio and Fallguys, for example. It's happening to every machine on my network, so it's either the router, modem, or further upstream. Hope you find a solution. I'm going to try contacting support.