Community Forum

Comcast modem battery

Gladysbullock4
New Poster

Comcast modem battery

My modem  is XB3  Model DPCSIS 3.0  

I need a battery number to fit this modem.

BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast modem battery

"DPCSIS 3.0" is not a valid model number. Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides for model numbers of Comcast gateway devices. 

andyross
Silver Problem Solver

Just a note that the battery on Comcast gateways only powers the phone service. It will not run the full Internet connection. You may be better off getting a stand-alone UPS and plug the gateway into that, as it will power the full gateway.

EG
Expert

@Gladysbullock4 wrote:

My modem  is XB3  Model DPCSIS 3.0  

I need a battery number to fit this modem.

See this;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-a-new-battery

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
andyross
Silver Problem Solver

"currently priced at $165, plus tax."

WHAT?????? Car batteries are cheaper than that!! You can buy a full 1000W+ UPS with a big battery for less.

EG
Expert

Yep...... 😞 That would be the preferrable way to go ! You can even plug your other equipment in to it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
gwtx
Contributor

Or buy a refurb modem that includes the battery at that price.

I have a backup battery and a UPS, but the connection and phone still goes out when the power goes out, as the local repeater on the pole does not have a backup