Community Forum

Comcast installed coax along with electrical lines causing bad interference problem.

demo23019
Contributor

Comcast installed coax along with electrical lines causing bad interference problem.

This is not service issue my service fine. 3 years ago or so i had humming sound sub-woofer found coming from coax line it ground loop. Comcast said come back install rod...never did so i bought isolator as fix.

Now im having weird issues computer so upgraded thinking was issue part...nope i got sick troubleshooting build whole new computer as time upgrade anyways.  Still picking up interference.  I took into another apartment and same thing.  I took to work and fine.

Something interfering with my PC and feel in the computer and causing my mouse it get floaty lag almost like acceleration but not that and worst under load because fans and light inside prone interference.

Anyways had electrican in didnt find anothing but didnt really look.  Randomly decided to disconnet comcast again and what shock goes away instantly. But slowly creeps back Problem its coax in wall touching electrical lines....We have 3 floors here and even with it disconnected lines in wall downstairs upstairs sending it to my electrical wires and passing right though my electrical outlet. And how figure this out was shut breaker off for outlets at coax and they still test current from outlet. And if i touch coax to ground it goes away. Mind you also im detecting EMF on my TV on wall and soundbar not even plugged in It radiating through my wall!! Even if i TOUCH THE WALL near electrical line it stops that how bad is keep in mind this is with no power being fed to those outlets my breaker is off it being fed defitnelty from upstairs anything they do i can feel it in computer. Sometime better and most time worst.

Also cant use wifi it just adds to issue when i fix problem temporarily by moving coax lines in wall just right but always touching somewhere even close proximity just takes longer to build up and effect computer.

If comcast dont reslove this ill be caling city electrical inspector!

All they had do was run coax down oposit side but no expose everyone large amounts EMF and cause equiptment interference and possble damging equitpments luckly ive been OK who know about rest property.

There are allot issues about same problem that probably

demo23019
Contributor

Re: Comcast installed coax along with electrical lines causing bad interference problem.

That exactly the isue i manage to move my downstairs neighbors line from electrical and problem is gone. This isnt fix you guys should come rewire on opsite side wall