Community Forum

Cannot access certain websites or IP addresses

mitchtyler
New Poster

Cannot access certain websites or IP addresses

Hello, I got Xfinity residential internet service hooked up today, and I cannot access my company's remote IP address for our CRM system.  I've tried in Chrome and Edge (I'm on a Windows 10 Surface Book), I just get the error listed below.  Same thing on my iphone (on WiFi) but as soon as I switch to cellular data or hotspot my phone and open on laptop, I can connect right up. I have adjusted DNS settings on the laptop adapter settings (don't know how to adjust on xfinity modem/router.  Not in bridge mode, haven't customized anything yet.  It was actually working immediately after install when I had an existing "session" but when I came home this evening I can't connect to complete critical work.

This site can’t be reached

********* took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
EG
Expert

Re: Cannot access certain websites or IP addresses

Have you port forwarded (if needed) in the necessary ports in your router and opened the ports in any firewalls that you have on your LAN network ? Have you consulted your company's IT support dept ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
GaryAnderson73
New Poster

Was curious if this ever got resolved? I am having the same problem with specific web sites!

EG
Expert

.@GaryAmderson73

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue, thanks. Dead thread from last year now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!