Community Forum

Cannot Access Admin Tool

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot Access Admin Tool

Hello,

I am unable to access the admin tool through 10.0.0.1, despite resetting the xfinity modem multiple times in attempt to use the "admin/password" combination, but has not allowed me to sign in still. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cannot Access Admin Tool

Just to be sure, you did a factory reset of the gateway by pressing the small recessed Reset button with a bent paper clip or SIM tool on the back and holding it for 30 seconds?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

yes I did, to no avail. It reset the network name and password to defaults, though when I attempted to access the router settings through 10.0.0.1 with "admin" and "password", I still could not log in.

Highlighted
Expert

Swap it out for a different one then. You can contact your local Xfinity store and see if they''re open, call (800) XFINITY or we can arrange that here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

What do you mean by try another one?