Community Forum

Can’t see 5 option on laptop

Highlighted
New Poster

Can’t see 5 option on laptop

My laptop is only locating the 2.4 option, how can I make it find the faster 5 connection?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Can’t see 5 option on laptop

@EckNet wrote:
My laptop is only locating the 2.4 option, how can I make it find the faster 5 connection?

What device, make/model is providing your WiFi signal?  Have you looked at the User Guide or tried logging in as admin and looking at its settings?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Are your network settings combined on your modem? Is your laptop even capable of using the 5ghz network(not all are)?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@EckNet wrote:

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!