Community Forum

Can't connect an ipad to the network

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't connect an ipad to the network

I could not connect my grandson's school ipad to my wifi.  Kept telling me that I was entering an incorrect password.  This was not the case, at least in the last few times I tried it.  Any ideas?  

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Can't connect an ipad to the network

@Travelinghome wrote:

I could not connect my grandson's school ipad to my wifi.  Kept telling me that I was entering an incorrect password.  This was not the case, at least in the last few times I tried it.  Any ideas?  

Could be a setting in either your WiFi router or the iPad, possibly a VPN setting.  Maybe the iPad requires a secure VPN connection to connect to the school's network/server and your router isn't set up to allow one.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

@Travelinghome wrote:

Is this with a Comcast rented gateway device ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, a Comcast device

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, I'll check with his parents to see if they had to jump through hoops to get him connected at home.