Community Forum

Can not connect to one specific site unless I use a VPN

Highlighted
New Poster

Can not connect to one specific site unless I use a VPN

Hello, I'm a teacher and i'm having an issue connecting to a website.
https://args.powerschool.com/teachers/pw.html No other teachers are having any difficulty.
I get the message that it's taking too long to respond and times out BUT if I restart the router, I CAN get in to the site but only for about a half hour and then I get the same message.
I've used two computers through ethernet and three different Internet programs. I've used three different tablets and two phones (those are wireless) and it's the same issue. When I switch to cell data I have no problem accessing the webpage.
This issue started sometime over the summer because in the spring I could access the website for attendance without issue and. 
Now here is the interesting part. When I turn on my VPN I CAN access the website with no issue using the Comcast router but turn off the VPN and it won't connect.
I have not made any changes to the router settings, nor any settings on my browser. Over the summer I DID have the Comcast XB3 router replaced with another of the same model though.
Xfinity through chat and phone says there's nothing wrong with the router or my connection despite when the router is restarted I can connect briefly. 

I just keep getting the message: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT